Wednesday, November 10, 2010

COINZ

It is 6:40 in the morning. I have at last finished reading through and annotating the fifth and final book for my presentation on Ptolemaic numismatics. I CANNOT THINK ANYMORE! Attic standard weights being reduced by tenths of a gram somehow indicate complete social change by appealing to the Egyptian peasantry outside of urban centers. Also, ELEPHANT'S SCALP = IMPERIAL SUPREMACY. Maybe I'm just stir-crazy because I've been slaving away in the 24-hour ETC computer labs that are eerily empty and sterile and my cigarette breaks (which in an ideal world would be relaxing) have turned into a raging battle between me, my nicotine, and the cold rain. Also could use some sleep. But that's not going to happen!


Now I really want an elephant scalp. Or at least an imitation of one. Or maybe just a coin with one on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment