Monday, November 15, 2010

Scheduling snore snore (this is extremely boring)

Had a meeting with Sonia this morning, who, in addition to being my professor, happens to be my academic adviser within the Classics department. Our goal: to determine my course schedule for the upcoming semester, which could play a large role in deciding what subject will be the focus of my senior thesis.


As it stands, it seems like I will be taking Greek with Wally (on Aristotle's Poetics), Latin with Nigel (Martial, mainly), Art History, and a Special Topics in Ancient History with Ellen (Barbarians in the Ancient World). I'm still waiting to hear from the Anthropology department as to whether or not they are giving me credit for my archaeological coursework from over the summer. If they do, it means that next semester I will definitely be writing my junior qual (which, for Classics majors, is essentially a mini-thesis), and thus have to decide now first off what class I want to be qualling in, and in addition, whether I should do an independent study of Homer in the spring as well, if I want to work on either the Iliad or the Odyssey for my thesis. STRESSFUL TIMES.


On the non-stressful side, coinage presentation on Wednesday last went swimmingly. Even though I ended up speaking for over 40 minutes (whereas everyone previously had presented for only 10-20), it seemed at least like everyone enjoyed learning a bit about numismatics, which is an extremely small and little-examined field for undergraduates.

No comments:

Post a Comment